Brides-les-Bains is a spa town at the bottom of the valley, linked with Méribel by the Olympe gondola lift. This valley town offers a decent range of accommodation at a fraction of the price of the Meribel resorts.
It is not possible to ski back to Brides, except off-piste during exceptionally snowy periods. Facilities include supermarkets, bars, restaurants, sports and clothing shops, cinema, large spa centre, massages, banks, library and newsagents.
In March, the ‘curistes’ (spa-visitors) return to Brides, resulting in an eclectic mix of clientele – fit skiers rubbing shoulders with those looking for a cure to their ailments.
More Meribel Insights...
- Holiday season fun in Meribel this winter
- Meribel Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Meribel opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Meribel winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Meribel from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020