The third Thursday in November is when this year's Beaujolais hits the shelves and is cause for celebration across France.
Beaujolais Nouveau is a red wine made from Gamay grapes, fermented for just a few weeks before being being distributed to bars, shops and restaurants.
The wine may not be to everyone's taste but "Beaujolais Nouveau Day" has become an annual tradition, with many bars in Meribel holding wine tasting sessions.
More Meribel Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Meribel
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Spring is coming to Meribel
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Meribel