© River Runners
© River Runners
© River Runners
Hydrospeeding, Bourg St Maurice
This activity is accessible to those comfortable in water, no need to be a professional diver or swimmer, you just have to be smart at using the water movements, obstacles and waves.
The activity consists of swimming down the river with the aid of a foam float, using and playing with the currents. This activity is a little more demanding physically than the others so you do have to be in good health, know how to swim and not be afraid of going under water. This allows you to discover the unique sensation of surfing down white water rivers. What fun!
The Isere is a perfect river for this activity, providing many possibilities and easily accessible from a number of the main resorts. The trip usually departs from Bourg Saint Maurice to Gothard/Aime, however, the team will choose the best courses according to water levels and capabilities of the participants.
- The organisation and guiding by a professional fully qualified quide with a state diploma.
- All equipment including a full neoprene wetsuit, safety jacket, neoprene shoes and helmet.
- Transport of the equipment and shuttle back to the starting point.
- All their guides are professionals and have the required state diplomas. Wetsuits, life jackets, helmet and special shoes are included in the price.
- Based in Bourg St Maurice this activity is easily accessible from Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens, Les Arcs, La Plagne, Tignes and Val d'Isere.
- The Haute Isere rafting is ideal for those on holiday in the Haute Tarentaise resorts of La Plagne, Les Arcs, Tignes and Val d'Isere. It is only 30 minutes drive from Les Arc and La Plagne, and 45 minutes from Tignes and Val d'Isere.
- For Doron de Bozel, the river is at the base of the Three Valleys so it's ideal for those on holiday in the resort of Courchevel, Meribel, and Val Thorens.
- "We were a family of 4 including 2 adrenaline hungry teenager girls and this company had loads for us! We did the white water rafting, canoe rafting and hydro foiling. Amazing! Each activity is a minimum of a half day and really exciting for everyone involved. The instructors are amazing and let us experience the full might of the River Isere. Go for it - you won't regret it!" - Trip Advisor
- "We were a mixed age family group and all had a fantastic trip down the rapids. We were made to feel very welcome and safe and it was a perfect mix of thrills and fun. We had the opportunity to jump out the boat and swim as well as jumping off a cliff!! The photos taken by Murielle were really good and well worth the money for the CD." - Trip Advisor
- "I emailed a couple of companies about rafting a few weeks ago and Remy was the only one to reply and could accommodate our family group on a full Isere descent. It was a wicked afternoon and our guide / boat captain Gil was obviously very experienced and checked what kind of stuff we wanted to do and gave us an excellent briefing and tuition . Soon we were flying down rapids, having little swims in the river and jumping off cliffs (optional!). The wetsuits and helmets looked new this season and well looked after with rinsing in disinfectant afterwards. It was really great fun and I highly recommend Coureurs de Rivieres / River Runners." - Trip Advisor
What to bring
You should bring with you a towel and swimwear. If you wear glasses they strongly recommend you have a cord to attach them to you if you intend to wear them during the trip.
At the entrance of Bourg St Maurice follow the signs to 'Hauteville-Gondon' and 'Base Internationale d’eau-vive'. Follow these directions for 1 km, continue past the Base Internationale de canoe-kayak, cross the bridge and take the first road on your right towards 'piste cyclable'. You will then find their guides' hut.
Bourg St Maurice, Meribel