White Water Rafting is accessible to all who love the natural environment and who are in search of a bit of adventure. These excursions will leave you with some unforgettable memories.
Venturing down a river on a raft does not require any particular technical skills, nor do you have to be extremely fit. However, you do have to be in good health, know how to swim, and not be afraid of going under water.
Rafting involves, above all, a team spirit - the fearless in front, the more relaxed in the middle and the more technically able at the back. Rafting allows each person to experience an adrenaline rush as they glide down the rapids, while at the same time discovering some amazing scenery.
There are introductory rafting sessions (on a grade three river) and more difficult sessions for those looking for a bit more of a challenge.
Their excursions take place on the Haute Isere river, which is easily accessible from Les Arcs, La Plagne, Tignes and Val d'Isere resorts, and the Doron de Bozel, which can be easily reached from the 3 Valleys resorts.
Half Day Excursions
- Rafting course for children - From Bourg-Saint Maurice to Gothard - 8yrs and above.
- 2 descents on the Doron of Bozel - One of the fastest rivers in the Northern Alps, the course is 6 km long, takes about 1h15 to paddle down with quick sequences, tight bends, small jumps, navigation under tree cover, all leaving you with some unforgettable memories - 12yrs and above. The river is at the base of the 3 Valleys so is ideal for people on holiday in the the areas of Courchevel, Meribel, and Val Thorens.
- Bourg-Saint Maurice to Centron - A demanding expedition down the magnificent Haute Isere river covering 18 km in all for 2h15 non-stop paddling. First of all, you glide down the easier section of the course Bourg-Saint-Maurice/Bellentre, giving you a gentle introduction to the techniques and sensations of rafting. You then move on to a more demanding section of the Isere river with the famous rapids of Aime and then the magnificent canyon of Centron. The minimum age limit for this descent is 12 years old. The river is ideally located for those on holiday in the Haute Tarentaise resorts of La Plagne, Les Arcs, Tignes and Val d'Isere.
Full Day Excursions
- On the full day excursion, you will get to experience both rivers as described above with lunch on the riverbank.
- The organisation and guiding by a professional fully qualified quide with a state diploma.
- All equipment including a full neoprene wetsuit, safety jacket, neoprene shoes and helmet.
- Transport of the equipment and shuttle back to the starting point.
- All their guides are professionals and have the required state diplomas. Wetsuits, life jackets, helmet and special shoes are included in the price.
- The Haute Isere rafting is ideal for those on holiday in the Haute Tarentaise resorts of La Plagne, Les Arcs, Tignes and Val d'Isere. It is only 30 minutes drive from Les Arc and La Plagne, and 45 minutes from Tignes and Val d'Isere.
- For rafting in Doron de Bozel, the river is at the base of the Three Valleys so it's ideal for those on holiday in the resort of Courchevel, Meribel, and Val Thorens.
- "We were a family of 4 including 2 adrenaline hungry teenager girls and this company had loads for us! We did the white water rafting, canoe rafting and hydro foiling. Amazing! Each activity is a minimum of a half day and really exciting for everyone involved. The instructors are amazing and let us experience the full might of the River Isere. Go for it - you won't regret it!" - Trip Advisor
- "We were a mixed age family group and all had a fantastic trip down the rapids. We were made to feel very welcome and safe and it was a perfect mix of thrills and fun. We had the opportunity to jump out the boat and swim as well as jumping off a cliff!! The photos taken by Murielle were really good and well worth the money for the CD." - Trip Advisor
- "I emailed a couple of companies about rafting a few weeks ago and Remy was the only one to reply and could accommodate our family group on a full Isere descent. It was a wicked afternoon and our guide / boat captain Gil was obviously very experienced and checked what kind of stuff we wanted to do and gave us an excellent briefing and tuition . Soon we were flying down rapids, having little swims in the river and jumping off cliffs (optional!). The wetsuits and helmets looked new this season and well looked after with rinsing in disinfectant afterwards. It was really great fun and I highly recommend Coureurs de Rivieres / River Runners." - Trip Advisor
What to bring
You should bring with you a towel and swimwear. If you wear glasses they strongly recommend you have a cord to attach them to you if you intend to wear them during the trip.
At the entrance of Bourg St Maurice follow the signs to 'Hauteville-Gondon' and 'Base Internationale d’eau-vive'. Follow these directions for 1 km, continue past the Base Internationale de canoe-kayak, cross the bridge and take the first road on your right towards 'piste cyclable'. You will then find their guides' hut.
Children from the age of 8 can join a child friendly route from Bourg-Saint-Maurice to Gothard. Those 12 and over can do the full decent from Haute-Isere.
- Children welcome
- Watersports Instructors
- 1090 Route d'Hauteville