December is a very special month to visit Méribel and the first weeks of the season are treasured by locals. There’s the thrill of being back on skis and the excitement of the start of a brand new season. The virgin snow is soft and un-skied and, best of all, the slopes are empty with a total absence of lift queues. Having the valley virtually to yourself in early December is the closest you can come to owning your private ski area…
In these quiet, pre-Christmas weeks, there are always great deals to be found on holidays and flights. Why not sneak out for some early-season skiing and find out why this time of year is a favourite with those in the know?
More Meribel Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Meribel from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Meribel
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Spring is coming to Meribel