Diots are delicious Savoyard sausages, usually cooked in white wine with onions or grilled. There are lots of varieties of diots, the most common ones being 'nature' and smoked.
The word 'diot' comes from the Savoyard dialect and means sausage. Made with pork meat, they are seasoned with spices. Sometimes other ingredients are added, such as cabbage ('choux'), cheese or mushrooms.
They are usually served with potatoes, crozets or lentils. There are also dried diots that do not need to be cooked.
More Meribel Insights...
- Holiday season fun in Meribel this winter
- Meribel Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Meribel opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Meribel winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Meribel from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020