This ski school is the largest in France and one of the oldest, having been established in 1945. Offering a wide range of lessons and childcare from 18 months upwards they can ensure the needs of your entire family/group are met. They even offer English-only children's lessons.
Since its creation in 1945 by a group of instructors from the valley, this ski school has grown to be one of the largest in France. All 450 instructors are professionals, trained at the National School of Skiing and Alpinism in Chamonix. Their instructors have extensive knowledge of the Meribel and Three Valleys ski area and are excited to share their passion for skiing and the mountains with you. Whatever your technical level, age or aims, skiing with them is sure to be a fun and enjoyable experience.
Group lessons are available in a variety of disciplines include skiing, snowboarding, freestyle, telemark skiing, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Children and adults of all abilities are catered for and lessons can be taught in a variety of languages, including English.
Children are taught in the safe and fun environment of the snow garden before progressing on to the nursery slopes, under the careful supervision of their ESF instructor. Younger children can join the Saturnins Nursery for ages 18 months to 3 years or Club Piou Piou for 3-5 year-olds. Special classes for teenagers include freestyle and snowpark courses.
Mini Club Piou Piou (3-4yrs):
This club is aimed at children aged 3 to 4 years-old who want to start learning to ski. The ESF team will help your child learn to ski for the first time by keeping it fun and enjoyable.
Club Piou Piou (4-5yrs):
Professional ski instructors will teach your child how to balance and stand on their skis, build their confidence and make learning fun. Children can join in for half or full day sessions, with or without lunch. At the end of their stay, children will receive their own "Piou-Piou" Club medal.
Group Lessons for Adults
Group lessons are great fun and a good way to meet other people. Within a group of adults at the same level (beginner to advanced) and an emphasis on the dynamics being friendly and playful, you will be able to learn to ski or improve your technique with a knowledgeable instructor.
If snowboarding is more your thing, a group lesson is a great way to learn or to improve on last time. Groups are kept to a maximum of 10 people to ensure a dedicated focus on each member of the group.
ESF Meribel also offer "One for the ladies" - a ski session with dining and spa treatments, groups kept to a maximum of 4-6.
Where to meet
The school have two meeting points (please ensure you confirm where you should meet your instructor prior to the start of your lessons):
- La Chaudanne
- Rond Point
- "My husband and I had 'basic' ski lessons with the fantastic ski instructor Ludovine. This is the lesson after beginners and our 2nd ski holiday. Each day Ludi pushed us that little bit further-her energy and enthusiasm were a delight and we looked forward to each morning despite aching limbs. We came on in leaps and bounds and would recommend this ski school as good value for money-5 people in the class and a ski instructor whose English was amazing." - Trip Advisor
- "Katerine our instructor was fantastic. She took us for the intermediate class; she kept everything very simplistic and we were cruising steep reds and blacks within a few days ... brilliant!!" - Trip Advisor
- "Excellent session with instructor Olivier: helped build confidence as well as technique. Focused on the areas needing attention and didn't waste time on greens/things we could already do. Very highly recommended." - Trip Advisor
Ski lessons and ski clubs are available for children from 18 months up to teenage years. Small children in the snowflake to 1st-star levels can take advantage of group lessons in English only, taught by English native speakers or French instructors with a good level of English.
What to bring
- Child's health card or ID
- Slippers, diapers and a change of clothes
- Outdoor clothes for playing in the snow
- Sunblock / high protection sun cream
- Gloves and hat
- Their teddy bear/blankie, pacifier and snacks
Club Piou Piou
- The child's ski equipment - labelled (The kindergarden have labels available)
- Helmet, gloves and sunglasses
- A completed Medical form for the child (available on the website)
Equipment can be left at the club for the duration of their stay.
- Kids' Club / Activities
- Kids' lessons
- Cross-Country Skiing
- Adult Lessons
- Childrens Lessons
- Cross-Country Ski Lessons
- Freestyle/Freeride Lessons
- Group Lessons
- Handiski Lessons
- Off Piste/Backcountry Lessons
- Race Training / Coaching Lessons
- Ski Lessons
- Snowboard Lessons
- Steep Skiing Lessons
- Telemark Lessons
- BP17, Méribel