Bastille Day is celebrated across the whole of France with a bang...well, several in fact, fireworks always feature heavily.
And the residents of Meribel celebrate this national holiday with as much enthusiasm as the rest of the country. Various activities are held across the city on the 14th, in memory of the storming of the Bastille on the same date in 1789. Traditionally the fireworks display normally starts off between 22:00 and 23:00.
Celebrations are also generally free of charge.
Dates for this event
More Meribel Insights...
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Meribel
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Spring is coming to Meribel
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Meribel
- Meribel gets heaps of powder this week