And the prize for the snowiest month of the season goes to... March! So far, it's snowed pretty much every day in Méribel since the last week of February.
Just like we predicted in our last dump alert, Monday saw around 40cm of fresh snow on the higher slopes, taking the total of fresh snow over the weekend to around 1 metre. Tuesday and Wednesday were sunny but the snow returned on Thursday.
On Friday morning, we woke up to around 15cm on the slopes. The avalanche risk has risen to 4/5 and the local avalanche bulletin has warned of a very unstable snowpack due to the combination of wind, snowfall and rain, so stay safe out there!
A dusting of snow is on the forecast today. Saturday will be sunny but there's another snowstorm coming on Monday, with around 15cm expected to fall. The skies will remain mostly blue for the rest of the week.
More Meribel Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Meribel
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Spring is coming to Meribel
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Meribel
- Meribel gets heaps of powder this week
- Meribel Dump Alert - 6th March 2020